The two enemies of the people are criminals and government,
so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution
so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.
The Tea Party Roundup is a grass-roots movement dedicated to preserving the heritage entrusted to citizens of the United States by our Founding Fathers and architects of the U.S. Constitution. This organization is not affiliated with any political party. It neither sponsors nor endorses political parties or specific candidates for public office. From time to time, however, it may assess political candidates with regard to Tea Party Roundup values and other relevant criteria in order to advise the public of its findings. Membership in the Tea Party Roundup is open to all citizens who share our Mission and Values, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age or national origin.
We are Wyoming citizens committed to the United States Constitution and Wyoming Constitutional Principles that encompass among other things the natural right of all human beings to the pursuit of Life, Liberty and Happiness without undue interference from an intrusive Government.
Tea Party Roundup members believe the basic role of the Federal Government of the United States is to preserve and protect the freedom and security of United States Citizens. The United States government derives its powers from the governed and must remain fully compliant with the U.S. Constitution, as written. These beliefs are supported by basic underlying VALUES that include:
- Individual Rights: Freedom and liberty are individual rights granted by God. With those rights come individual responsibilities. The government’s responsibilities are limited to those delineated in the U.S. Constitution (Bill of Rights – 10th Amendment).
- Small Government: Government should be structured and staffed efficiently in order to achieve its constitutionally sanctioned role and responsibilities.
- Free Market Economy: Economic decisions must be guided by free market principles. People must be free to succeed or fail based on their own merit and performance. Therefore, the government must avoid intrusive intervention and regulation, including actions specifically intended to redistribute wealth.
- Fiscal Responsibility: Budgets and spending must reflect prudent fiscal responsibility. They must not encumber future generations with current financial obligations.
- Low, Simplified Taxation: Taxation decisions should primarily promote economic stability, growth and prosperity. Tax policy should be clear and simple. Individual initiative and entrepreneurial spirit should be encouraged, not punished.
- Immigration Law Enforcement: It is government’s responsibility to secure our borders and vigorously enforce our immigration laws. Failure to do so creates critical breaches in national security. Legal immigration enables people to become assimilated into America’s culture, language and rule of law. Illegal immigration undermines such assimilation. It must neither be condoned nor rewarded.